The Benefits of Protein Shakes for Weight Loss Success
Using protein shakes to replace or augment everyday meals is a great way to achieve weight loss success. They serve a double purpose as weight loss drinks with the ability to enhance athletic performance as well as boost the ability to lose those stubborn pounds.
Just a few of the benefits of protein shakes include:
- Keeping you feeling fuller longer. The protein will keep you feeling satisfied as well as help to suppress your hunger between meals. You’ll also burn more calories during digestion, boosting weight loss efforts even further. It takes more energy to digest protein than it does to digest carbohydrates.
- Convenience. These shakes are easy to prepare, making them a very convenient way to eat a nutritious meal and be aware of exactly how many calories you’re getting. By utilizing these, you’ll have no question when it comes to portion size, making it much easier to stick to your diet.
- Improves ability to stick to a fitness program. One study found that a group of intense exercisers who supplemented their diet with 10 grams of protein had fewer infections, less muscle soreness and less heat exhaustion. Ultimately, this may allow one to continue a fitness program without interruption from illness or injury.
- Greater fat loss. Research has shown that increasing daily protein intake along with regular exercise often results in more fat loss as compared to working out alone.
- Increased metabolism. Without enough protein in your diet, the body begins to burn muscle instead of fat, which can make weight loss difficult if not impossible. The more muscle you have, the more calories that are burned every day. Increasing muscle boosts the metabolism and helps give you a leaner, more fit look.
Protein shakes offer a delicious way to lose weight quickly while helping to maintain or even boost muscle mass. Don’t make the mistake of thinking they are just for body builders. While it’s true that a high-protein shake can help to build lean muscle mass, they also encourage fat loss, increase satiety, deliver important nutrients and improve metabolic activity, making them a great choice for all types of people.
The post The Benefits of Protein Shakes for Weight Loss Success appeared first on Nashua Nutrition Blog.
- Nashua Nutrition