With Easter just around the corner, you may be wondering what types of Easter treats you can make that are delicious and healthy. Rest assured there are some wonderful healthy Easter treats you can make in the comfort of your own home. Treats aren’t always bad for you. In fact, there are many healthy treat recipes available these days.
Here are four of the best health Easter treats you can try:
Healthy Easter Egg Peanut Butter Cups
Here you will need:
- ¼ cup peanut butter of your choice
- ½ cup sugar-free powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sweeter of your choice (agave, stevia, maple syrup)
Mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl until the consistency become like dough. Taste the dough. You may add a little bit of salt if it tastes a bit bland. Shape the dough into little eggs and put in the freezer until it’s hard. (About an hour)
Combine the coconut oil and cocoa in a bowl and add your sweetener. Then, take out the eggs and coat them in the chocolate and put right back in the freezer. Let them sit a little while and then enjoy.
Carrot Cake Milkshake
Here you will need:
- 1 frozen banana (choose a large one)
- 2/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 carrot (small or medium)
- Touch of salt
Steam the carrot to soften it up and then mix the ingredients in the blender or Nutribullet. Enjoy!
Healthy Style Cadbury Crème Eggs
For the cream filling and yolks:
- One bag of peaches or mango (frozen)
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- A pinch of healthy sweetener (stevia works well)
- Cream cheese
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
For this recipe, you’ll need an egg-shaped mold. Place it in the freezer to get cold. First, you’ll make the yolks by mixing the frozen fruit, milk, and sweeter in a blender or Nutribullet. Freeze this mixture and then melt the chocolate chips in a bowl. Grab your egg mold out of the freezer and pour a little bit of the chocolate to coat the walls to make a half-egg. Put these back in the freezer for about five minutes. Do one more layer of chocolate to get the desired consistency and then fill up the egg with cream cheese and then add the yellow yolk that you’ve already blended.
Healthy Breakfast Pizza
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- ½ cup flour (white, wheat, gluten-free, or spelt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (stevia or sugar)
- ½ cup milk of your choice, juice, or water
- 2 tablespoons applesauce or pumpkin
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Chopped fruit of your choice. (Apples, blueberries, raspberries, raisins, etc.)
Mix all of the ingredients together except the fruit and bake in a greased pan at 420 degrees for about 10 minutes or until a fork or toothpick comes out clean. Then, add your fruit as you wish and enjoy.
Enjoy these and other healthy treats this Easter with your loved ones.