The Shred Plan is a diet that promises dieters to drop four inches and two dress sizes in only six weeks. The plan is based on a similar premise in exercising in which an activity called muscle confusion is used to break through muscle growth plateaus. When your muscles get used to performing the same types of exercises at the same times, you muscles start to acclimate, causing progress to come to a halt.
With “muscle confusion” people are asked to work their muscles differently and at different times throughout the day in order to confuse the muscles and trigger growth, allowing the exerciser to continue their path toward reaching fitness goals. This diet employs the same process by varying the types of food and quantities in order to prevent the metabolism from slowing and encouraging the body to burn more calories.
On any diet, one of the key factors for success is ensuring that your body gets the protein it needs in order to boost your metabolism and burn calories efficiently.
Combining the Shred Diet with protein powder may be one of the best ways to achieve your weight goals as it provides a number of benefits:
- Protein adds in metabolic increase by preserving lean muscle tissue. It also takes more calories to digest as compared to carbs and fats, therefore increasing calorie burning even more.
- Adding protein powder to each meal has been shown to make dieters feel fuller and more satisfied. It can even decrease the dieter’s desire to eat for several hours. In between meal hunger pangs are one of the biggest reasons for a derailing a diet.
Consider our Proteinex chewable protein tablets as an excellent protein powder and a great weapon in battling those stubborn pounds.
Some of the “pros” for making the decision to follow the Shred Diet include:
- Allowing 6-7 meals each day, lessening the chance for becoming ravenous.
- It includes structure which many dieters find beneficial while also allowing some substitutions.
- Teaches portion sizes and the food is relatively inexpensive.
“Cons” to consider with the Shred Diet include:
- It takes time to plan meals and the timing is critical which can be difficult for those on a busy schedule.
- The calorie and protein levels suggested may not be adequate for everyone, making it crucial to add additional protein such as the protein powder you’ll find with Nashua Nutrition.
The post The Pros and Cons of the Shred Diet: How it can Work for You appeared first on Nashua Nutrition Blog.
Share this post
- Tags: Protein, protein powder, protein shakes, proteinex chewable tablets, the shred diet, weight loss