Healthy Holiday Cookies : Quinoa Gingersnap
The holidays are a time for eating your favorite cookies, cakes, pies, and candy. Unfortunately, these food choices do not always fit in with your weight loss goal. Who says you can’t have your dessert and eat it too? Try out this great recipe from Brittany Mullins for Quinoa Gingersnap cookies. Get ready for compliments and requests for the recipe.
Healthy Holiday Cookies: Quinoa Gingersnap
- INGREDIENTS (separated by the order you’ll need them)
1 small bowl
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons of water
1 medium bowl
- 2 cups of quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
1 large bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- ½ cup of coconut oil (liquid state)
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 1/3 cup of crystallized ginger (cut into small pieces)
- ¼ cup of cane sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F
- Take the small bowl and place the flaxseed and water inside.
- Whisk them together.
- Set the small bowl aside.
- Take the medium bowl, place the quinoa flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and sea salt inside.
- Mix these dry ingredients together.
- Set the medium bowl aside.
- Place the brown sugar and coconut oil in the large bowl.
- Use your electric mixer to mix the ingredients until creamy (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add in the molasses.
- Add in the flaxseed combination.
- Place the electric mixer on a low setting.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Add in the crystallized ginger pieces.
- Roll the dough into balls measuring approximately one inch.
- Put sugar in a bowl.
- Roll each dough ball in the sugar and coat evenly.
- Place the cookies to a baking sheet that has been sprayed or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Be sure to rotate the baking sheet halfway through the process.
Remove from the oven.
- Press the center of each cookie with a fork to flatten.
- Allow them time to cool (approximately 20 minutes) before enjoying.
The post Healthy Holiday Cookies : Quinoa Gingersnap appeared first on Nashua Nutrition Blog.
- Nashua Nutrition Admin