Top 3 Fall Favorite Recipes
Cooler temperatures mean more comfortable weather for cooking up yummy food. We no longer need to worry about that summer heat and sweltering over a hot stove. Whether it’s a special occasion or you simply have a family to feed, this healthy three course meal will have everyone in the mood for fall.
Start your three course meal with a warm, delicious Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip from Delish. We know it sounds fattening, but we have a few tips and tricks for making it more health conscious. Save up to 600 calories by swapping out the traditional mayonnaise with Walden Farms’ Mayo. We also recommend using fresh vegetables or Proti-Thin Rusk Bread for dipping, instead of carb loaded baguettes.
- 10 slices bacon (for a healthier option, use chicken bacon)
- 1 oz. (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise (for a healthier option, use Walden Farms’ Mayo)
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 lb. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted (for a healthier option, use Proti-Thin Rusk Bread)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, for about 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then transfer to a board to chop.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Fold in chopped spinach, bacon, Parmesan, and 3/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Transfer dip to a baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake until golden and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with crostini.
Evolving Table knows exactly what you’re in the mood for! An easy, healthy, gluten-free, and dairy-free BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato. While you can enjoy this meal guilt-free, it’s certainly not taste-free. Also, did we mention it’s perfect for the whole family? There won’t be any leftovers here. Simply follow the instructions below, and don’t forget to marinate your chicken in Walden Farms’ Zero Calorie BBQ Sauce.
- 4cooked sweet potatoes, about ½ pound each
- 2 olive oil
- 1-pound chicken breasts pounded thin, cut into 4 portions
- ½ salt
- ¼ pepper
- ¾cup BBQ sauce (for a healthier option, use Walden Farms’ BBQ Sauce)
- ½red onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Cheese, optional
- Dill pickle relish, optional
- Pickled jalapeños, optional
- Cook sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot or in the oven at 400°F for 45-60 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and chicken breasts.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping chicken breasts halfway through.
- Once chicken is completely cooked, shred with a fork and add BBQ sauce. Stir until combined.
- Serve BBQ chicken in cooked sweet potatoes with diced red onion, salt, pepper, cilantro, cheese, and relish. Enjoy!
Ready for dessert? We love Melissa’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars from Southern Style Kitchen. While it’s delicious as is, you can put a healthy spin to it – if you're not feeling the calories, that is. Try using Bell Plantation’s PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, it has the same consistency and peanuty taste as full fat peanut butter, but with nearly 90% less fat calories. You can also substitute your typical store bought pretzels with these protein packed Weight Loss Systems pretzels.
- 2 cup creamy peanut butter divided (for a healthier option, use PB2 Peanut Butter)
- 2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup roughly chopped pretzels divided (for a healthier option, use Weight Loss Systems’ Protein Pretzels)
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 cup powder sugar, 1 1/2 sticks softened butter and vanilla until smooth.
- By hand mix in 3 cup chopped pretzels, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Stir until fully moistened.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Stir until completely smooth. Pour over the pretzel bars and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup broken pretzels and chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- Cut into squares and serve. Store chilled.
Now that your menu is complete, it’s time to start cooking. Remember, we enjoy hearing about your health journey. Take pictures of your dinners or snacks and tag @nashuanutrition on Instagram. So, we too can be inspired by the products and recipes you love.
- Tags: healthy recipes recipe
- Nashua Nutrition