The Reset Diet, Cravings and Long Term Weight Loss
After years of eating a traditional Western diet filled with sugars, carbs and saturated fats, the Reset Diet aims to help dieters break these unhealthy eating habits, reset the metabolism and ultimately achieve long term weight loss.
The Reset Diet is a five-day diet that offers a kick start to a new lifestyle. Prepackaged bars and shakes are designed to balance blood sugar levels and reduce cravings for carbohydrates. Although we commend a 5-day commitment to anything, balancing blood sugar may need a bit more long term effort.
Control Snacks are a great alternative to this 5-day program: you can still eat your regular meals (healthy, please!) and have a Control snack in between to satisfy cravings.
A craving-controlling diet is a good way to break past habits and ease into healthier eating patterns and an overall healthy lifestyle. Eating foods with plenty of quality nutrients, especially those packed with antioxidants, eliminating junk foods in addition to working out, reducing stress and getting more sleep has been proven to help get the body running more efficiently and achieving a better, faster metabolism.
The best ways to boost your metabolism naturally
If you want to boost your metabolism and achieve weight loss goals that can be maintained for life, consider the following:
- Incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity into your schedule every day. Get up and move as often as possible throughout the day as well.
- Add weight strengthening exercises to your workouts to increase muscle which will naturally boost the metabolism. Lifting weights, Pilates and yoga are all effective.
- Sip tea throughout the day. Both green and black teas have been found to boost metabolism and can even help battle harmful toxins that can lead to additionally stored fat.
- If you’re hungry between meals, Control Snacks fight the urge to make bad snacking decisions.
- Spice up your meals every day. Many spices offer lots of health benefits in addition to raising the metabolism. Cayenne pepper and cumin are said to boost fat-burning ability by up to 25 percent. Cinnamon can reduce blood sugar levels and help you maintain long term weight loss as well as lose abdominal fat that can accumulate with higher insulin levels.
The post The Reset Diet, Cravings and Long Term Weight Loss appeared first on Nashua Nutrition Blog.