Oatmeal Pumpkin Smoothie
For coffee drinkers everywhere, it’s that time of the year again: the arrival of the pumpkin-spiced latte from your favorite cafes. It doesn’t stop there; soon shelves will be stocked with pumpkin pies, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, and other pumpkin-related goodies. Aside from the delicious taste of pumpkin, what else do many of your favorite pumpkin-based treats have in common? Sugar, and a lot of it. If you want to enjoy the taste of fall without the added calories, then try out this Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie recipe by Peanut Butter and Peppers!
This isn’t your typical breakfast smoothie. This is one healthy and nutritious smoothie that still packs a flavorful taste. Best of all, it is made with real pumpkin! You’re also going to throw Greek yogurt, maple syrup, oats and unsweetened coconut milk into the mix. Let’s take a look at the full list of ingredients you’ll need.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened from carton (you can also use non-fat milk)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, (do NOT buy pie filling)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain (or vanilla for extra flavor)
- 1 cup ice
- Pour the milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin seasoning into a blender.
- Blend on low for 15 seconds.
- Add in the canned pumpkin, oats, yogurt, and ice.
- Blend for a full minute.
- Note: For a very rich smoothie, blend the ingredients 4 to 6 hours before you drink it. This will allow the oats to expand. You may need to blend it again just before you drink it.
CHANGE IT UP
If you want to turn your breakfast smoothie into a power smoothie, use a scoop of ISS protein powder! You’ll swear you’re drinking a pumpkin pie as you provide your body with plenty of protein, complex carbohydrates, and minerals! Start your day right with this delicious smoothie and a complete Bariatric Advantage multi-vitamin.
- Nashua Nutrition Admin