Delicious and Nutritious Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
It’s apple season and that means that it’s the perfect time to enjoy this delicious and nutritious fruit. Though you may tend to think of decadent desserts such as apple pie to feature this seasonal fruit, you can actually create something that’s tasty and good for you too.
Whether you go apple picking or you get some from your local produce store, there are many delicious types to try. You will find that when you have a recipe for something that tastes good and is actually good for you, it ends up being a good fit overall.
You already know that apples fit into a healthy diet, and now you have a recipe that takes this one step further. You can enjoy apples but combine them with protein for a truly spectacular combination. This recipe is easy to prepare, it ensures that you get your intake of apples and other healthy ingredients, and it can satisfy that sweet craving while also giving you energy.
You can make apple cinnamon protein bars in advance and then enjoy them as a meal or snack on the go. The beloved apple is featured in a whole new way—and you are going to love how power-packed this recipe from Spark Recipes is.
Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe
- 4 scoops Vanilla Creme Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup stevia/ or no-cal sweetener
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 medium apple- grated
- Spray 8x8 inch pyrex dish with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, no-cal sweetener, cottage cheese, and vanilla. whisk until well incorporated and then add wet ingredients to the dry and mix again. Fold in grated apple, mix just till combined.
- Pour batter into dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Nashua Nutrition Admin