8 Great Protein Snacks to Enjoy on the Run
- A single-serving of cottage cheese. If you thought Greek yogurt was the only way to go when it comes to high-protein dairy snacks, guess again. A single serving of nonfat cottage cheese contains 20 grams of protein, which is three more than your average Greek yogurt.
- A single-serving peanut butter pack. It’s not practical to carry an entire jar of peanut butter with you on-the-go, but single-serving peanut butter packs can give you a protein-packed treat no matter where you are. These packages contain 8 grams of protein in just over an ounce of product. To reduce sugar intake, look for natural peanut butter. For a snack with added staying power, enjoy your peanut butter on a banana.
- Kay’s Naturals Cookies, Chips, Pretzels, and Cereal. If you want to enjoy the crunch of pretzels or potato chips without the guilt, give these snack packs a try. With zero cholesterol and 12 grams of protein, your old guilty pleasures no longer have to be guilty.
- String cheese or mini, single-serving cheeses. With 6 to 8 grams of protein, you can enjoy your dairy and feel full too. These packages are individually packaged and great for tossing in a purse or backpack. If you are trying to lose weight, look for a part-skim cheese.
- Edamame. With 8 grams of protein in just a half of cup, 90-calorie edamame gives you 3 grams of fiber as well. Protein and fiber work well together to help combat hunger. If you are looking for a crunchy snack, dry roasted edamame contains 14 grams of protein.
- Ostrim High Protein Meat Sticks. You may not always have time to cook up a chicken breast on-the-go, but high protein meat sticks can help satisfy your want for something hardy. Whether you like turkey or elk, there is a meat stick for you. With 14 grams of protein, meat sticks can easily be part of a sensible diet.
- ProtiDiet. If weight loss is your goal, ProtiDiet offers a wide variety of snacks that are perfect for the busy professional or the mom on the go. From bars to cold drinks and cookies, you can get your protein and satisfy a sweet tooth all at the same time. With 15 grams of protein, you’ll be feeling full until it’s time for dinner.
- Turkey Roll-ups. Turkey roll-ups are perfect for when you have a few extra minutes in the morning to prepare a snack for the day. Simply roll-up some of your favorite vegetables in a slice of turkey for a satisfying snack. With 18 grams of protein, this hearty snack is perfect for work or school.
On-the-go snacks do not have to be bad for you. With a little planning, you can eat healthy no matter what life throws your way. To avoid vending machines or fast-food runs, always have a couple of high-protein snacks on you.
- Nashua Nutrition Admin