Drink To Your Health With A Mango Smoothie
Mangos are packed with nutrients that help you ward off disease and improve your overall health. Among the vitamins and minerals present in these tropical fruits are high quantities of vitamins C, A, B6, fiber, potassium, and magnesium, each of which promotes a particular aspect of your health.
Health Benefits of Mangos
Mangos have been termed “the king of the fruits” due to the numerous health benefits they provide. A few specific benefits include:
- Control blood pressure: The potassium in mangos helps control blood flow, thereby making it an excellent fruit for reducing high blood pressure and promoting healthy organ function.
- Rich in fiber: Fiber aids with digestion and combats constipation and diarrhea.
- Improve eyesight: Vitamin A helps improve eyesight, making mangos great for better night vision.
- Prevent cancer: The antioxidants in mangos may help prevent certain types of cancer, according to some recent studies.
These are just a few of the health benefits of these fruit. Others include lowering cholesterol, improving digestion, clearing the skin, and even fighting off heat stroke.
Preparing a Mango Smoothie
Many people like to eat mangos plain, but there are many ways to enjoy this tropical fruit. One way is in a smoothie, where the health benefits of the fruit are combined with those of other ingredients such as yogurt. For a delicious summer mango smoothie, try blending the following ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of cold milk
- 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh mango, chopped
- 3 ice cubes
Just throw them in a blender and blend them until you get a delicious, creamy blend. You can also add other fruits, such as strawberries, bananas, or kiwi, each of which goes great with the mango’s sweet, unique flavor. They also enhance the nutritional value of the beverage by adding extra nutrients and antioxidants to the mix.
An Extra Boost
Another way to boost the healthiness of your smoothie is by adding some protein powder or some Syntrax Nectar. These come in a variety of flavors, including banana and strawberry, making it a great, flavorful addition to an already delicious drink.
They also add extra protein and other nutrients to boost its health value. For example, the Bariatric Advantage High Protein Meal Replacement protein powder (available through Nashua Nutrition) provides large quantities of vitamin A, calcium, vitamins D and K, zinc, copper, iron, vitamin C, phosphorous, magnesium, and numerous other nutrients, all on top of 27 grams of protein per serving. This makes it a valuable addition to any drink, and especially to one as thoroughly healthy as a mango smoothie.
- Nashua Nutrition Admin