Got the freshman 15 around your waist? Has your muffin top started to resemble a busted can of biscuits? Then you are going to want to read these tips for fast weight loss. Here are our top 6 tips for losing weight fast.
- Pass on the fad diets. You want results that last, and let’s face it most fad diets give us a quick fix. Your true desire should be for healthy weight loss; lucky for you there are ways to lose the weight in a healthy way. So pass on the latest craze and go with what works time and again.
- Give away more than you take in. If you burn more calories than you take in your result will be weight loss. A good measure of thumb is burning 500 more calories than you take in will result in a 1-2 lb. weight loss.
- Move more. There are all sorts of ways to increase your calorie burn. Something as simple as petal bike under your desk during the day as you work can amount in a significant calorie reduction. If all you have time for is parking at the end of the parking lot when you go to the store, it will result in burning more calories.
- Stop the bloat. Fluid retention can result in 5-10 extra pounds on the scale. Put the salt shaker back in the cabinet, and say no thanks to the pasta. Limiting salt and starches will reduce fluid retention, giving you a fast result. Seeing those pounds gone will encourage you to stay the course.
- Watch your diet. Veggies help you feel full, as does a diet high in fiber. Do not skip meals; this is important in keeping your metabolism on track. When you do not eat regularly your body can go into starvation mode and you will actually gain weight. For those of you who say you only eat once or twice a day, you will actually need to eat more often to lose those extra pounds.
- Supplement your diet. Weight loss supplements are plentiful, research the ones that actually work and are healthy for you. Some supplements that help are calcium, fiber, and meal replacement supplements. Though you don’t want your entire diet to consist of supplements, using them can help you have fast weight loss.
There are so many ways to kick start your weight loss; these are only a few ways. If you are serious about taking the scale down a notch, do your research. Find out the healthy way to take care of those extra pounds. Once you have the tools in hand, your weight loss journey can begin.