Whether you are looking for a nutrition-packed breakfast or an afternoon snack, this banana smoothie can fill you up with vitamins and nutrients. This high-potassium smoothie helps to promote heart health as well as aid in the absorption of calcium. Enjoy this smoothie before a high-intensity workout for a boost of energy and muscle cramp prevention. This sweet-tasting, good-for-you-treat tastes so great, that you may actually forget you are doing something good for your body. Grab your blender and get ready to do something good for your body.
Health Benefits of Bananas:
- They are high in vitamin B-6, which is a must for cell production.
- It’s packed with manganese, which helps to promote bone health as well as a healthy metabolism.
- Bananas contain about 3 grams of fiber. Fiber can help you to feel fuller longer, which is great for weight loss.
- Bananas are packed with carbohydrates, which can give you the energy you need to start your day or push through a workout.
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine ingredients
- Blend until smooth
Recipe credit: DailyBurn.com