Breakfast Recipe: Vanilla Chocolate-Chip Pancakes
Protein pancakes can put a fun twist on your breakfast. Protein pancakes give you the opportunity to consume one of your favorite foods without feeling guilty about extra calories. This vanilla-chocolate chip recipe is used to provide your body with the healthy proteins, carbs, and dietary fats it needs. These macronutrients allow you to possibly focus better throughout the day, to have the energy to work proficiently and to repair any muscle cells that are sore from last night’s training program.
Protein is a popular and valuable macronutrient that your body requires to function properly, and it also keeps your stomach feeling full to prevent the urge to snack on unhealthy treats. You don’t have to be a bodybuilder to feel the need to use the recipe. Try out this recipe from Men’s Fitness.
Protein Chocolate-Chip Pancakes Recipe
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein- Optimum
- 1 Scoop Almond Meal
- 2 Large Egg Whites or ¼ Cup Egg Substitute
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Dark or Raw Chocolate Chips
- 1 TSP Stevia (for extra sweetening)
- 1 TBSP Flaxseed Meal (extra fiber, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until no lumps of protein or meal is left. Some proteins may be difficult to mix with a spoon, so use a blender to mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips, which are added and stirred in after blending.
- Using a nonstick pan, adjust your stove to medium and wait for the pan to heat up.
- Pour mixture into one spot and allow it to naturally spread into circles. Sift chocolate chips if necessary.
- Wait for the top layer to become filled with air bubbles, and then flip the vanilla-chocolate pancakes over.
- Cook for an extra minute before shutting off heat and transferring pancakes to your plate. Ensure pancakes are cooked thoroughly to prevent any consumption of raw eggs.
- Nashua Nutrition Admin