Protein bars are a great snack. They are healthy and can be eaten on-the-go. They are filling and can help you power through your day. Did you know that you could even make your own protein bars at home? It’s true and rather simple. Try these 5 ingredient at-home protein bars for a healthy, protein-packed snack you can make anytime. The almond, cappuccino taste of these bars may just make you forget that you are eating healthy!
- 1/3 cup Syntrax Nectar- Latte Cappuccino protein powder
- 1/2 ounce finely ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons liquid Splenda (optional)
- 2½ - 3 teaspoons water
- First, mix the first three ingredients in small bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of water to your dry ingredients and stir until the ingredients are as well mixed as possible. If you use liquid Splenda, avoid adding the two teaspoons of water to your dry ingredients. If needed, add one more teaspoon of water. For better mixing, consider using your hands. Work the additional teaspoon of water into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Keep in mind that the protein dough may seem extremely dry. This is how it should be. Avoid adding water because this will make the dough sticky. The dough will not only stick to your hands, but it will also stick to your teeth.
- Continue to knead the dough by squeezing it into a ball with your hands. The consistency will be very thick and firm. Shape into a bar and enjoy.